Originally founded in 1982 as the Rockford Council for Affordable Health Care, Rockford Regional Health Council is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose purpose is to promote better health for the residents of north central Illinois.
- Rockford Regional Health Council improves community health in our region, through data gathering and analysis, education, action and advocacy.
- Rockford Regional Health Council will be a catalyst for collaboration to assure a healthy community with access and quality care for all.
- Provides a community forum where members address health issues through multi-sector collaboration.
- Coordinates the Healthy Community Study to define the community’s needs and priorities.
- Supports its priorities with well-defined goals and measurable outcomes.
- Has a realistic financial plan for long-term financial stability.