Winnebago County Senior Oral Health Coalition was established in 2010 based on findings and priorities identified in the Rockford Regional Health Council 2010 Healthy Community Study.
MISSION: To advocate, develop and implement a system for providing oral health care access and education for underserved older adults in Winnebago County.
- Education and Resources
- Develop and distribute oral health education presentations, complimentary supplies and materials.
- Coordinate oral cancer/dental screenings to increase awareness of issues impacting individual oral health.
- Coordinate a coalition of community organizations focused on senior oral health.
- Create a seamless collaborative system between community organizations that serve older adults of Winnebago County.
- Provide Financial Assistance
- Create a referral system for access to care for seniors age 60 and older.
- Annually review and research opportunities for funding resources.
If you have questions about the Winnebago County Senior Oral Health Coalition, please contact Rockford Regional Health Council or click below on one of the project partners. For further information as to whether you qualify for our program, please contact Lifescape Community Services at 815-963-1609.